Monday, August 29, 2005

29 August Orcalab reports:

13:11 PDT No calls but orcas nearby
There west bound whales at the east end of the Reserve.

13:54 PDT Orcas near mics.
We've been listening to the I15s & A30s close to the Critical Point hydrophone, as they make their way back to the west. Unfortunately, there is also very persistent boat noise on CrPt.

17:05 PDT No calls but orcas nearby
The I15s and the A30s turned around 3:12pm just west of Kaikash Creek on the Vancouver Island shore. Both groups moved together toward the Reserve (4:30pm) with some of the I15s moving out to mid strait. Perhaps they are headed for the Beaches!

18:57 PDT Superb sounds!!
The A30s finished their rub, some of the I15s ran up to Izumi and now it sounds like everyone is in the Bight again!

22:38 PDT Superb sounds!!
The I15s and A30s are still in Robson Bight making beautiful sounds. We are not sure which direction they will take.

No comments: