Tuesday, August 30, 2005

30 August Orcalab reports:

05:54 PDT No orcas present.
OL Overnight: We think the A30s and the I15s went off to the east. Thye A30s disappeared around 1:30 after being close to Critical Point and the I15s followed after their rub at 2:20. All quiet since.

10:25 PDT No orcas present.
there are some report of whales from the east; the A11s and A8s are off Windy point(west of Kelsey Bay), heading east. The A36s and Bs are off Camp point(east of Kelsey), heading west. No mention about the A30s and I15s this morning.

11:00 PDT No calls but orcas nearby
a group of whales are coming toward Rubbing Beach from the east.Ch.B

12:11 PDT Distant calls audible.
after rubbing, the I15s headed west and now they are west end of the reserve, still heading west.

13:08 PDT Distant calls audible.
the I15s are heading west, now their calls are on CP hydrophone. We can't see them in the rain and fog, but sounds like they are closer to VI shore.

13:31 PDT Distant calls audible.
info correction; we had some report about A11s and A8s off windy point this morning, but it seems like the group was A30s. they are coming back to the west. The I15s are off Kaikash, VI side.

14:32 PDT Orcas (may be) approaching cameras.
The I15s are coming towards CP. Ch.A

15:19 PDT Distant calls audible.
the I15s finally decided direction and headed west along Hanson shoreline.

19:30 PDT Orcas near mics.
We are hearing A30s calls on CRPT. they must had came back from the east!

20:08 PDT Superb sounds!!
We can see a group of whales going east to the Bight. we think it must be the I15s who have turned to the east around 1630. We are listening to the A30s and I15s on CRPT hydrophone.

22:49 PDT Superb sounds!!
We have been listening to beautiful sounds of A30s, A36s and I15s in the Bight.

No comments: